'I'm not here to be Ronaldo's rival' - Ribery focused on Fiorentina after completing transfer

The veteran winger will not be drawn on a potential head-to-head with the former Real Madrid legend, but hopes to achieve great things in Florence
Franck Ribery hopes to play on beyond the age of 40 after joining Fiorentina but says he does not intend to be a rival to Cristiano Ronaldo.
Ribery's 12-year stay at Bayern Munich concluded when his contract expired at the end of the 2018-19 season, in which he won a ninth Bundesliga title.
Following prolonged speculation about his next move, the former France winger agreed a two-year deal with La Viola.

CLICK HERE TO GET SURE FOOTBALL PREDICTIONS!

And Ribery, who plans to follow in the footsteps of Serie A veterans such as Francesco Totti, is aiming to lead Fiorentina back into the Champions League.
"We have had a very long negotiation, but I am very happy to be here in Florence," said the 36-year-old.
"I saw great motivation and great confidence in me from the management, and that is why I am here. Naturally, my wife also helped in the choice, because my family is very important.
"I am very motivated, I always want to play. I have a two-year contract and I want to be decisive and help the young players. I want to give something new to this club, I want to bring Fiorentina into the top three of the table.
"I came here to help my team, which is Fiorentina. I am not here to be a rival to Ronaldo. Serie A is a great tournament with many excellent players. Inter bought well on the market, as did Juventus.
"The thing I appreciate the most is that people here love and live for football. It's a wonderful experience and I want to enjoy myself on the field.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog